Monday, November 14, 2005

Nose To The Grindstone, or Banff: Where You Can Boil And Freeze Your Ass Off At The Same Time!

It'a been a while since my last post, but I have been busy putting on a full-court press on my job search efforts, as it were. It seems to be working so far, as I have done one interview already, and have leads from other people in the ergo biz that they might be hiring in the new year. I also volunteered at the 2005 Alberta Health & Safety Conference, manning the Association of Canadian Ergonomists (ACE) booth last Tuesday. I got to go to a seminar, meet all kinds of health & safety professionals, and talk one delegate into accepting ergonomics as a viable strategy for her company.

Not a bad day for my career, I might say.

As per my last post, I will also summarize the week that my Dad spent here in Calgary after the completion of our Westward journey. We pretty much hung out around the house on most days, making trips out to the stores and to Tim's for coffee and doughnuts. Mid-week, we travelled to Red Deer as Shaun needed to retrieve his companies' truck. Gasoline Alley, which is situated along both sides of Highway 2 south of the city for a few km's, is the largest conglomeration of commerce I have ever seen, anywhere! Friday, we saw a movie at the newly converted (and aptly named, considering the companies' growth in recent years) Empire Studio 16! We saw North Country, which should an Oscar contender in my estimation. That Saturday, we also went to Banff. We went hiking, had dinner, and went swimming in the Hot Springs. Good times, I will have to go back when it's -20c!

Well, that's all for now, good night, or if you're back home, good morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home