Saturday, March 05, 2005

Riding Around In The Blue Rocket On A Typical Saturday Afternoon With Nowhere to Go In Particular ... Sounds Like Fun!

Hey everybody, it's been a while since I last posted, mainly due to the fact that I have been rather busy, and being tired at the end of a long day saps my will to write.

Anyhow, I've been doing some driving around the past couple of weekends. Went to Ypsilanti (you're forgiven if you don't know how to pronounce or spell it), a small city on the western edge of Detroit's urban sprawl last week, and today I drove out to Dexter and Chelsea, two towns within 10-20km west of Ann Arbor, from which many people who work in this city commute. They are all nice places overall (Ypsi's a bit of a tough town, think St. John), but the overridding feature of all these places is that it is flat and uninteresting from a geographic point of view. It definitely makes me appreciate the sights we have in Atlantic Canada, many people take them for granted.

Next week, I'll head out to Livonia, one of the bigger Detroit suburbs (I hear it has a pretty big mall, so that might be worth going to see), and sometime in the near future, I'll go up US 23 to see Flint (hometown of Michael Moore!) and Saginaw.

As far as weekend hijinks go, I went to a martini bar last night called Goodnight Gracie to see a jam band called Smokestack. It was a good show, but I still prefer JSB, as their jams tend to have a little more structure. I didn't end up getting a martini by the way, as they started at $6.75! I am cheap.

Well, I'm off to cook up some delicious frozen pizza for dinner. Pizza, whatever would I do without ye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home